So I haven’t been extremely active this week, but I am a Valentine’s Day baby, so I have been enjoying the annual excuse to be lazy. Happy Birthday to moi!
Meanwhile, Life.aisle was nominated for two awards in one day! The Sunshine Award, and The Liebster Award. I’ve only been blogging for about a month now, so I’m not too keen on how these things work. But I’ll do my best.
The Sunshine Award
Step 1: Thank your bestow-er
Step 2: Answer 10 Questions
Step 3: Pass the Sunshine Award on to 10 Bloggers
..Hmm…I think I can handle this…
Thanks, Step 1…
Thank you Melissa of “iamnotshe“!! Seriously though, this girl’s blog is honest, open, intelligent, inspiring, humorous, and thought-provoking. She knows what recovery entails, and on that basis we had an instant connection. It isn’t the details of the struggle that matter, but the shared experience of struggle, and the experience and strength we are able to share with each other. Thank you Mel, and keep on keepin’ on..
10 Questions, Step 2…
- Favorite Color? RED !(I already said I am a Valentine’s Day Baby)
- Favorite Animal? I have been a dog lover since the day I was born. Since we’re gettin’ personal here, how about I share a couple photos of my dogs…
- Favorite Number: 15 was always my jersey number. Tebow stole it.
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee or Sweet Tea🙂
- Facebook or Twitter? Well, use facebook on a daily basis, have become fond of twitter only in the last year. Twitter is best for breaking news, and for sharing interesting links with each other. Watch out for Pinterest though!
- My Passion? Wow. How to narrow this….how about: when I die, I want people to be inspired by the way I lived.
- Getting or giving presents? I’m a giver all day long. May be my downfall. This year, being unemployed, I could only afford to buy for my girlfriend, and only had couple hundred at that. Spent probably 60 hours in 300 different stores, trying to find something that would be memorable and useful.
- Favorite Pattern? This question makes me wonder if this award was intended for a woman…maybe the name should have been a give-away. Can I go with a wave?? The quote I live by: “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf!”
- Favorite Day of the Week? Would probably have to say Sunday. Particularly Sundays in Spring and Summer, with a cold glass of sweet tea, and the Atlanta Braves on the radio, sitting on the porch. Ahh…so ready for summer.
- Favorite Flower? Way too tough to choose. Best smelling flower would have to go to either a good ole’ Gardenia, or a lovely oriental Lily. I do love orchids as well. And I have grown very fond of Hydrangeas recently as well. Oh and there’s nothing better than a flowering dogwood in Virginia in April!
Yes I’m straight, love Waylon Jennings and Skoal tobacco too. What can I say, I’m a man of many tastes!
Pass it on, Step 3….
- AirofLife – Encouraging blog, “reminding us to live”, written from a Christian perspective
- Morning Cup of Grace – Blog based on a wonderful discipline, a daily gratitude list. Partner in recovery.
- One Man’s Opinion – Really informative perspective, from another guy in recovery with a Christian perspective, really down to earth.
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu State of Mind – Blog based on the famous fighting style, but I regularly find motivating material here for a warrior’s way of life.
- The Better Man Project – If you like me, you will LOVE this guy. Simply must check him out, feel like we were broke from the same mold.
- Don’s Philosophy on Life – Reading this guy’s blog always warms my heart.
- Mystery Coach – She runs at a higher RPM than most of us, but I find myself really connecting with her on many levels. Pretty good for a laid-back southern boy.
- Kakie Writes – LOVE this blog, the humanity and sincerity with which she writes is inspiring.
- Raw Recovery – The name says it all. Gotta read her, prepare to be inspired.
- Lead.Learn.Live. – Fantastic, informative, inspirational. Another personal self-improvement blog!
Thanks again, and hope all of you keep passing it on too!
The Liebster Blog Award
Leibster is German & means ‘Dearest’ or ‘Beloved’ but it can also mean ‘Favorite’ & the idea of the Leibster award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers all in the spirit of gathering more connections
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogsphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
For this recognition, I thank Jen from the “Step on a Crack…” blog. You simply must go and read more about her story. Anyone who has faced adversity, has been in proximity to addiction and/or recovery, or simply wishes to peruse content from someone who has overcome hardships should check this blog out. One of my favorites, and I am honored to be recognized by her.
I am sure you will forgive me for not including another list of 10 blogs to visit! I think it is only fair to postpone recognition until later, so as not to “water-down” those who I have already recognized.
Please check into the above links and enjoy!