“Conceit is a fog that envelops a man’s real character beyond his own recognition. It weakens his native ability and strengthens all his inconsistencies.”
– Napoleon Hill
I don’t know whether to be annoyed or flattered as I was just nominated for my third blogging award. I know without a doubt that I am extremely grateful, and hope it at least gives this blog a chance to inject a dose of positivity into a few more people’s days.
For this honor, I thank Dan of the “hurdlestohappiness” blog. Go check this kid out, he is an aspiring author and a college undergraduate. Definitely has his head screwed on better than I did at that age. In fact, reading his “gravatar“, he sounds like the second coming of Tony Robbins! Like I said, go check him out!
The Rules of the “Versatile Blogger Award” are as follows:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the “Versatile Blogger Award” pic to your blog post.
Refusing to enter the fog known as conceit, I humbly share the following 7 random things about myself….
- I was captain of my High School baseball team, but missed half my senior season after being suspended from school for drinking in class.
- Totaled my first 2 vehicles – a ’94 Mustang GT (was my mother’s at the time, and I was a Junior in High School), and an all-black, chromed-out ’01 Lincoln LS (this resulted in my 1st DUI).
- My first visit to the ER was a result of a liquor bottle (Cognac, to be exact), was broken over my head. I was concussed and had a laceration that wouldn’t stop bleeding. I didn’t lose consciousness until I was already being attended to at the hospital – due to loss of blood. This also happens to be the closest I’ve ever been to death, come to think of it!
- I have 3 siblings – all sisters. Yes, I’m the only boy. One younger sister.
- Both sets of my grandparents have been married for over 60 years.
- I have no relatives North of the Mason-Dixon line. Being a Southerner has not made me ignorant – I have been graced with manners, a good taste in music, and an appreciation for kind of humidity known only to the Tidewater region of Virginia.
- I am a licensed RN, not currently practicing, unsure if I ever will again (by choice), though I reserve the right to return to practice one day if I so desire.
OK, if that list isn’t enough to insure against conceit, I will share a single photo of my sisters and myself, circa 1992-ish:
Now to bestow this award to 15 others. I apologize in advance to some of you, as I probably nominated you last week for another award! Nevertheless…
- Enlightened Love: “explaining love below the surface”
- Raw Recovery: Personal blog, recovery based, interesting, enlightening
- Think Wonderful Thoughts: law of attraction blog, inspirational stuff
- OneMindManyDetours: Personal blog; fun, positive reading.
- Source of Inspiration: Positive, spiritual poetry
- A Couch and a Chair: blog from a therapist about psychology, etc.
- My Sobriety Coach: Interesting recovery stuff
- The She Chronicles: Recovery, bipolar blog
- I Am Not She: edgy, fun, recovery blog
- Mystery Coach: FUN personal blog
- DailyAKP: personal and business success
- Teach Me Life: Life lessons from a personal perspective
- Good Life: great recovery reading
- Step on a Crack: positive, informative, recovery
- May I Find Peace: overcoming struggles, beautiful blog
Alright, I think that about does it! I tried to award a few different blogs this time, there were so many more that were deserving as well. These award blogs take so long to complete!
Thanks again, and I hope you take the time to check out some of these blogs I’ve nominated. They all have a unique spin, but generally share one thing in common: the commitment to personal growth.